STUDENT EMPOWERMENT & TRANSITION
Ignite is designed to teach adolescents and young adults (ages 12—16) with disabilities the skills necessary to become active participants in designing their futures. Through self-exploration, knowledge development and hands-on practice, the Ignite curriculum actively builds the mindset and skills necessary for students to become self-advocates. This self-advocacy training will benefit students in a variety of settings including their transition to high school, IEP meetings and Transition meetings.This comprehensive program consists of eight lessons designed to be taught during a 45-50 minute instructional period. Each lesson engages students in active cross-curricular learning through the use of a variety of instructional methods, including: multimedia presentations, personal inventories, hands-on activities, games, class discussions, and small group work.
Session 1: Introduction to Ignite
Session 2: Discovering Your Personality Style
Session 3: Accommodations & Modifications
Session 4: Goal Setting & Transition Plans
Session 5: Finding Your Communication Style
Session 6: Perfecting Your Study Skills
Session 7: Exploring Careers
Session 8: Ignite Review & Wrap-Up
- Traditional Curriculum Bundle
- Includes: Teacher Manual, 10 Student Portfolios, 1 Flash Drive*
*includes handouts and activities, as well as any video clips are included on the Ignite Materials Flash Drive
Bundle savings of $51
- Virtual Curriculum Bundle
- Includes: Digital versions of workbook exercises, with shortened lessons to accommodate shortened schedules
- Combo Curriculum Bundle
- Includes: Everything from both the Traditional and Virtual Curriculum Bundles
Discount pricing only available with the purchase of a Curriculum Bundle within the last year. Please email email@example.com or call 779-221-2354 for discount codes.
- Student Portfolios
- $135/ Discount price $65
- Includes 5 Student Portfolios
- Additional Flash Drives
Discount price $20
- Handouts and activities, as well as any video clips are included on the Ignite Materials Flash Drive
- Additional Teachers Manual
Discount price $90
- 1 Teacher Manual.
(Must have previously purchased or are currently purchasing a Curriculum Bundle).